1. I switched from sandals to shoes, and my shoes are bothering my feet: they feel tight and overly warm, and my feet feel sore.
2. I changed exercises, and managed to make my shins owie.
3. I've had a headache every day for three days in a row.
4. It's only Tuesday.
5. I'm fretful and upset about Marie's situation.
6. I'm reading a book that has a sad baby plotline.
7. Among the blogs and tweetstreams I read, there's been a sudden outbreak of sadnesses.
8. There's no candy in the house.
9. Two of the children have runny noses. That never leads anywhere good.
10. Mouse's peeing issues.
11. Rob's school does a one-week sleepaway camp for sixth graders. It's this month. I'm worried and fretful about obvious stuff, but also cranky about the supply list, which lists a million things we don't own and then emphasizes that we should NOT be buying new things for this trip, but rather sending old stuff. Oh, sure, I'll send his OLD sturdy waterproof hiking boots and one of our many daypacks!
12. Henry is in a particularly difficult stage, with lots of bursting into tears over very little, and lots of repeating questions he JUST asked me but now asking them in a whinier tone---and then, when I tell him I said no and stop asking me, saying, "WHY? Why, Mommy? Why should I?" *headache pounding*
13. Two phone calls I need to make.
14. "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?" "Hey, Mommy?"
15. The underwire is coming through my bra, and poking me in the armpit.
What's wrong with YOU today?
Gift ideas for an 8-year-old, part 2 of 2 - Last week I talked about the gifts we were getting/considering for Edward, who is turning 8 next month. This week it’s Elizabeth’s turn: not “girl gifts,” ...