Posts currently saved as drafts, because they seemed like less of a good idea after I wrote them but I didn't quite want to delete them:
1. A post trying to kiss up to people from Wyoming, because I was playing with Google Analytics and found out I am super-unpopular there---even taking into account the low population.
2. A post in which the only part that is written is the title, which is "Free Yard Sale." It was going to be about how every year we hold a free yard sale in our (wait for it) yard. But after I wrote the title, I felt like I'd already explained the whole concept.
3. A post I meant to finish LONG AGO, with a question from a reader about newborn sleep issues. That newborn is now...let's see...two months old.
4. A rant post about things that bug me. All the things in the list are things I have already ranted about on other occasions.
5. A post about how using my Wii Fit is like going to confession ("It has been 3 days since my last workout"). I am not Catholic. What do I know about what going to confession is like?
6. A post about whether elementary-school-aged boys should be allowed to wear nail polish if they want to.
7. A post containing partially-written childbirth stories. They kept getting out-of-hand lengthy. Like, novellas.
8. A post about what an obedient person I am. Who cares?
9. A post containing links to postcards I was buying for Postcrossing after asking you guys for suggestions and getting some great ones. I don't know why I never posted this. Looks like I forgot.
10. A post about Jimmy, only half-written before I ran out of steam with those adolescent-diary posts.
11. A rant about how I much I dislike it when people assume that a family with 5 children NEEDS a 7-bedroom house or tons of other stuff people didn't expect to have a few generations ago when they had more children and fewer bathrooms. Never posted because I kind of like it when people say, "And you only have one bathroom??????" as long as they say it in the impressed way instead of in the "I'm calling Child Protective Services" way. And besides, now we have two bathrooms.
12. A rant about how on the children's television show Arthur, Arthur is in third grade before he ever sees his parents bicker. Er?
13. A post about the time I went to my primary care provider to ask if I could be switched to a version of the birth control pill that would make me feel less crazy, and he said I should "do the adult thing" and get my tubes tied. I thought I'd probably already written about that enough times. And besides, then I went to my OB who said there DEFINITELY WAS a birth control pill that made many women feel less crazy, and he gave me a prescription for it, and then he had a highly gratifying conversation with his nurse in which the two of them rolled their eyes at how dumb my PCP was.
14. Yet another post in which I discuss my various methods for dealing with depression-like moods. Repetitive much?
15. A list of things that changed the way I felt about other things (example: Britney Spears's behavior changed the way I felt about Kevin Federline).
16. A post about how Paul is not a "fixer" the way many men are, but I AM. That is, if you vent to me, I might forget that I'm not being asked to offer a solution. I didn't post it because I actually would rather not draw your attention to that flaw.
There. That brings us back to fall of 2008.
Shopping ideas for summer fun - Normally this time of year I’m buying a batch of Summer Survival Gear Treats. I like to buy a new CD for the driving back and forth to lessons and camp; a ...