Well, that didn't really work. I'm still droopy and sullen. So I will try the opposite, and we can list the things that are making us cranky or sad or droopy or sullen or upset.
1. Sundry's Cat still missing after several days.
2. Mother-in-law coming in 2 months, and I'm in "Pfff, I'm not even going to TRY to clean the house" mode, which I know from experience will turn magically into "OMG WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN WORKING ON CLEANING THIS HOUSE???" mode right around the time it is too late, and then I will spend eight frantic hours cleaning one small closet to perfection while the rest of the house caves in on itself in a pit of crumbs and pet hair.
3. Sick of taking children to pool.
4. Self-delusion: "We'll get SO MUCH DONE this summer without the school schedule interfering!"
5. Coffee NOT WORKING. Why?? OH COFFEE, WHAT HAVE I DONE TO OFFEND THEE?
6. Want baked stuff. Don't feel like baking.
7. Whole bunch of Postcrossing postcards taking too long to get to destinations. HURRY UP.
8. Female child screaming all the time, claiming "bruvvers" (brothers) are "bahvering" (bothering) her. By existing, apparently, if the scream frequency is to be believed.
9. Male children consistently misunderstanding which part of the potty the pee is supposed to go into.
10. Just heard that fluorescent bulbs have mercury in them, and that they have to be disposed of in certain ways other than tossing them in the trash, and that if they break you're supposed to LEAVE THE ROOM and air it out. Dude, I have broken, like, three bulbs, and then I and my five small children have continued to INHALE UN-AIRED AIR. Furthermore, I have been putting the bulbs in the trash without realizing I wasn't supposed to. I am not actually giving up on all environmental efforts because of this setback, but it's the kind of thing I'm mentally threatening as I mentally kick over recycling cans.
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...