I'm feeling crabby.
1. I lovvvvvve Jeffery Deaver books, and have been on the hold list for the new one (Roadside Crosses) for a long time. Normally I'm full-on into a Jeffery Deaver book by about page 10, but this one is not grabbing me. I'm getting irritated by the theme, which is "OMG TEH INTERNETS ARE DANGEROUS OMG YOUR PRIVACY OMG SOMEONE COULD KILLLLLL YOUUUUUUUU!!!" but even more by the recurring evidence that the author is not in fact familiar with Teh Internets. He refers to a blog post as a "blog." He refers to comments on a blog post as "blog posts." He says that what makes a blog a blog are the hyperlinks. Wher? It's making me VERY IRRITABLE, because he keeps INTERRUPTING THE PLOT with a character saying something like, "Perhaps it would be useful if I explained the history of 'weblogs'!" and then---if you can believe it---DOING SO. Plus, now I'm all skittish about saying anything about the book on the internet because OMG I COULD BE KILLLLLLLLLLED.
2. I bought a bunch of ice cream on a good sale at Target ($2.50 Breyer's, plus I got a $5 gift card for buying 5, so that's $1.50 a carton), and now it's gone. And now I'm in the habit of eating ice cream every day, so I want want want it.
3. I love tuna. Every time I eat it, I worry about the mercury. I can almost feel the mercury...accumulating. Meanwhile, every famous person on earth is eating nothing but "lean meat and fish!" Oh yes? And what are you doing about the MERCURY POISONING? Or are you TOO THIN TO CARE?
4. I got behind on my celebrity magazines, and I'm trying to catch up. This means I have been reading Jon Kate Jon Kate Jon Kate lean meat Jon Kate fish Jon Kate, and seriously, is NOTHING ELSE of interest happening in the celebrity world? I like a little Jon & Kate as much as anyone (assuming we're taking an average), but it's been, like, eight cover stories so far.
5. The kids are taking swimming lessons. Elizabeth is screaming "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" throughout each lesson. I don't know how much I'm supposed to get involved. Like, are the teachers wishing I would STEP IN AND HELP for heaven's sake, or are they hoping desperately that I'll GO AWAY so they can TEACH?
6. Rob and William have a....rocky relationship. In other words, they are bickering the living spit out of each other EVERY FROG-BANNED DAY. And each of them feels motivated to tell ME about EACH BICKER, and then BICKER about the inaccuracies in what the other one tattled.
7. I'm so sick of making dinner.
8. Every time Georgie coughs, I wonder if it's Time to Call the Vet.
9. I overpaid on a credit card ON PURPOSE, because it's a credit card I use for small occasional purchases and I hate writing teensy checks. But then the credit card company sent me a letter saying they were refunding my extra "as you requested" (which I HAD NOT) and I just found the refund check stuck in the wrong compartment of the bill-paying thingie I use to organize bill-related things, and it has EXPIRED. So hey, THAT was a LOT less trouble than WRITING A TEENSY CHECK.
Gift ideas for an 8-year-old, part 1 of 2 - I have TWO 8-year-olds to buy for, so I’m going to split it up into two posts. Today will be the things we’re getting for Edward. I dislike saying “Gift id...