Here is what I'm working on this week:
1. Serious potty-training. It is time, I really mean it, we are seriously doing this even if we completely soak every inch of the house in the process, I don't care anymore about "child-led" because my children are apparently FOLLOWERS.
2. Looking for more Dinofours books for Elizabeth's current obsession. I can get them used for 1 cent each on Amazon---but then it's $3.99 shipping EACH, which seems...unreasonable, especially if I order them all from the same seller. I wish I could find more at our library book sale section: that's where I got the few we have now, at 3/$1.
3. Experimenting with hot fudge sauce.
4. Doing laundry: our washer and dryer were out of commission for a week (we're putting in a second bathroom! See also: potty training), so although I could use my parents', we still have astonishing piles of dirty laundry. (See also: potty-training.)
5. Implementing new "If All Five of You Talk at the Same Time I Will Run Screaming Into the Sea" policy. I've always done a lot of correcting on this subject ("One at a time, please" and "Wait, Edward: someone else is talking"), but I am turning it up to 11. Because seriously: the sea is calling my name, and that makes SIX talking all at once.
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...