Oh, hello! I am home! In the first hour, I:
1) Removed a tick from Henry's scalp
2) Removed clumps of peanut butter from the underside and leg of the coffee table
3) Cleaned up the results of a child over-using air freshener without permission (and then threw away the air freshener because what are we, an anarchy now?)
Note that it was not until the second hour that I:
And I have not yet:
6) Read my email
7) Deleted any of the "over 1000" (!) posts in my Google Reader
Paul proudly reported that he brushed everyone's teeth TWICE while I was gone. So THAT went well. And my parents, who took over the shift I usually work alone, did not run screaming into the sea, so THAT went well too.
Seat choice report, for those of you who didn't read my laboriously-thumbed Twitter updates: my favorite seat on a Southwest plane is the window seat in row 20. It's right over where they load the luggage, so you can count pink suitcases and be glad yours is a carry-on because GEEZ do they have to SLING them around like that? That's rough enough to snap a SOCK. And oooh, nice muscles! It's close enough to the wing that you can make sure the wing is still attached and so you really feel like you're On An Airplane, but not so close that the wing blocks your view. The seats toward the front fill up first, so that I had a whole row to myself for one flight, even though the front half of the plane had people sitting even in some of the MIDDLE seats. But it's not so far back that the bathroom line is standing next to you. I hesitate to recommend the seat, since the next time I fly I might find YOU sitting in MY favorite seat, but I guess there are lots of flights I WON'T be on.
What else? Oh, yes, here's my recommended Carry-On Snack List:
2) baggie of pecans
3) empty water bottle filled at a water fountain after security
4) candy bars
5) chocolate-covered dried cherries
6) baggie of roasted salted sunflower seeds
I found this covered all my snacking needs satisfactorily. Raisinets make an acceptable substitute for the chocolate-covered dried cherries. Milk chocolate Dove with almonds was my favorite candy bar.
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...