1. I ordered about one (1) million dollars' worth of reusable pads and now I am VERY KEEN to try them out and to tell you what I think of them. (Yes, I will warn you before I start to tell you so you have a chance to avert your eyes. Hello, male college friends! Hello, Dad! Hello, squeamish girls!)
2. On this post about cloth napkins and napkin rings, my friend Maureen commented that she'd found some great clearance napkin rings at Kohl's, and that she WOULD have bought ME some except she wanted them all for HERSELF. So, I don't know, it depends on how you define "friend," but I count "giving the heads-up on an obscure shopping thing even if she DOESN'T SHARE," and I went to Kohl's this weekend and bought not one, not two, not three, not four, not AND SO ON napkin rings, but TWENTY-TWO napkin rings for 39 cents each down from $3.99 each, and $3.99 is a ridiculous price for a single napkin ring but WHATEVS because 39 cents is perfect. So now I am SWIMMING in napkin rings and I suppose you might be wondering why I would need 22 of them for my family of 7, but HELLO, I might suddenly CHANGE PERSONALITIES and start throwing HUGE DINNER PARTIES. And maybe someday we really will have the Dreamy Dreamy Dream House and I'll need napkin rings for everybody! Actually, it's because I bought one of each kind for our household, and then I bought duplicates to send out whenever I send out cloth napkins in the future, in case I do that. Plus, OKAY FINE I got caught up in the excitement. 39 cents!
3. I won my first Want Not contest, and notice how I use the word "first" like I'm planning on winning many, many more. (I totally AM planning that.) I won five coupons for free tubs of "decorator" Clorox wipes, which is TOTALLY AWS because my kids' teachers are always begging for Clorox wipes and then I go and look at the price and I'm like "Whoa," so instead I buy the tissues and the hand soap they also beg for, but it'll be nice to send in the expensive stuff for a change. PLUS I am getting a reusable tote, and I totally love reusable totes, and I am also getting an APRON, and the apron MATCHES the tote, so I am going to be totally stylin while doing my shopping.
4. I am having So! Much! Fun! doing a care package swap with Lisa of It's Pretty Okay. Lisa lives in JAPAN, so there was no frocking way I was mailing a package all the way there (it's like $50 to mail a SMALL package that weighs less than a CAT) (not that I'd mail a cat, even though I have extras), but it turns out that because she's in a military family I could use the APO/FPO flat rate box which lets you ship a nice satisfyingly big box for less than twelve dollars. To JAPAN!! So Lisa and I are exchanging surprise care packages, and I am feeling all happy about it. It was fun putting together a package, and it will be fun RECEIVING a package. Lisa and I both struggled with some Package Performance Anxiety ("What if she hates this? What if she's sorry she ever agreed to do this??"), but we overcame it and went instead for the THIS IS SO FUN! attitude.
5. Amazing Trips (a TRIPLET blog, not a travel blog as I assumed the first time I saw it a couple of years ago) (and by the way, in child math, triplets are twice as many children as twins) is doing a raffle for a KitchenAid mixer. I just entered and OOOOOO I WANT TO WIN SO BAD. I love love love my KitchenAid mixer, but the other day Edward pulled it down off the counter (!!!) and luckily for Edward's head it fell not on Edward's head but on its speed lever, but that was kind of unlucky for the speed lever. Also, the whole thing is out of alignment now and doesn't mix like it used to. And also-also, it's white, and I want pink or light blue or maybe spring green. So I'm tempted not to tell you about the raffle, because the fewer people who enter, the better chance I have of winning. But
6. Two and a half cups of coffee. So far.