- It is really fun to have older kids and younger kids at the same time. I love when the baby talks to Rob and Rob answers so kindly. Henry says "AH-LO!!" (hello) and Rob says, "Hello, Henry!" in the same "you sweetie!" voice we grown-ups use. Or just now, I heard a crash and a baby starting to fuss, and I heard Rob saying in that same grown-up voice, "Oh NO! Are you o-KAY? There! You're okay!"
- I stupidly sent my sister-in-law and brother, who are expecting MY NIECE in February, a snarky article about baby names. I didn't read it very carefully; I was just like, "Oh, this is about baby names, it is relevant to them!" But it was so snarky! And it turns out that about 80% of the snarking was in the direction of names actually on their lists! And not only that, in the direction of names I would LOVE to have on a niece! So now if I don't get a niece named Ruby, Flannery, or Matilda, it is totally my own fault!
- I'm so glad Halloween is over. I'm kind of a BIG CHICKEN, and I get scared/startled by Halloween merchandise. In our neighborhood there's a huge fake spiderweb with a fake PERSON caught in it, with the person's head...removed by the spider. And it is FREAKING ME OUT. I want to see CHRISTMAS decorations now, please!! Nice happy snowmen and jolly Santas, is what I'm thinking! No more killer spiders!
- I am SUCKING DOWN the coffee this morning. I'm getting a cold, and I need the artificial energy. Plus, I want more of the Italian Sweet Cream creamer, which I love.
- I wish I could format this with a space between each bullet point. This whole big solid block of text is FREAKING ME OUT. [Edit: My dad told me how to do this! Enjoy the pretty spaces!]
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...