Today I'm going from 50mg of Zoloft down to 25mg; soon I'll be weaning off it entirely. I remember from the last time I went off it that I had headaches, listlessness, lots of sadness, lots of "what's the point of anything?" and "nothing is fun anymore" feelings. Since I knew to expect that, it wasn't TOO bad: I just kept reminding myself that this was the medication-reduction talking, not my actual brain. And before long, I felt fine again.
So! I am looking for ways to combat sadness. Here are some of the things that work for me:
2) Turning on lots of lights
3) Nice smells (scented candles, scented soaps, scented shampoo)
4) Funny books (Dave Barry, Colin McEnroe, Jeeves books by P.G. Wodehouse)
5) Treats, especially of the warm cookie sort
6) Exercise (sometimes: this can also backfire on me and make me more tired and also discouraged and weepy)
7) Hot food, especially creamy-chicken-casserole things
8) Shopping, especially at Target
Life-improving products, part 4 - (Continued from part 1, part 2, and part 3.) Stearns Youth Life Vest (photo from Amazon.com). I’d been too scared to take the kids to any body of water oth...