Here are some of the things said by my children this past week (I realize they are also Paul's children, but if I say "our children" when I'm talking to you, it sounds like I mean the children belonging to you and me--and, unless I am very much mistaken in my memory of the details, that's misleading) (I'm not saying I think you would actually go, "Wait--those are MY children too??") (anyway, now I'm going to type what the children said):
- "The Red SOX play SOCCer, right?" (Me: "No, they play...") "Do they play BASKETBALL?" (Me: "No, they play baseball.") "No they don't! I remember that it's NOT baseball."
- "Do they actually wear red socks?"
- "Wait. I thought 'socks' was 's-o-c-k-s.'" (Me: "It...") "Is 's-o-x' ONE sock?" (Me: "It's...") "Do they wear ONE red sock?" (Me: *swigging wine*)
- "Series of WHAT?"
- "What are the other choices for Best Team?"
- "So they beat EVERY TEAM IN THE WORLD?" (Me: "No, they...") "But it's the WORLD series." (Me: *headache*)
- "Who's Matt Sooie?"
- "The Red Sox think outside the SOX. The Rockies think outside the ROCKS. Get it? Get it? Think outside the ROCKS. Get it? Get it? Mommy, get it?" (Me: "No.")