I don't know if it's just my RSS thing or everybody's, but this morning I thought I had 157 new posts to read when in fact there were about 6 and all the others were reposts. WTH? Eighteen of them were supposedly mine. Something is on the fritz.
Here is an idea I can get behind: caffeinated Jell-o shots. This leads me to wonder: could other things be caffeinated? Muffins, for example? I suppose it's a little risky with non-liquid things: if the caffeine isn't fully dissolved, one muffin could get a much-too-high dose. Actually, now that I think of it, the novelty value is the only good thing here: it would be way easier just to take the caffeine pill with a drink of water, instead of pulverizing it, dissolving it, and having to eat it in something. Still--it's an appealing idea.
Speaking of--but not because of--caffeine, I was so wired last night. I'd be lying down feeling all buzzy and trapped and uncomfortable and eyelids-wide-open, so I'd get up and mess around for awhile but be too tired to focus on anything productive. So then I'd lie back down and hardly be able to BREATHE I was so oppressed by the sheets and the cats and the husband. Finally I tried going to sleep in the recliner and that did the trick, but then Henry woke me up early and I couldn't go back to sleep because the mildew in the bathroom was so irritating to me I had to spritz the hell out of it with Tilex RIGHT! THIS! SECOND! Now everyone else is starting to wake up, just as I'm thinking it would be reeeeeeeeally nice to lie down and go back to sleep.
Those of you doing the Couch to 5K thing with me should check yesterday's comment section for a couple of good ideas: one, to use a podcast specially designed for the program; and two, to sign up for an autumn 5K race as a motivator. My own good idea--not in the comments section but LIVE in this very post!--solves one of my biggest problems, which was: When do I DO this? I don't want to run in the pitch dark, but I also would rather not leave Paul with all five kids the second he gets home from work. So here is my brilliant idea: I'm going to bring Rob and William with me. This plan:
- gives Paul time with just the twins (assuming Henry is either snoozing or doing his usual Fuss Time) without the older boys (or, um, me) clamoring for his attention
- gets the older boys some badly-needed exercise, perhaps even tiring them out enough that dinner will not be the giddy ordeal it often is
- gives me some time with the older boys
- makes the whole thing seem like more of a fun project, because they don't yet know that exercise sucks and they should hate it, and possibly I will catch some of their attitude
- makes it a little harder for me to fink out
- means I can fit exercise in where I would normally have to be taking care of children, rather than where I would normally be blogging or eating ice cream.
Hey, speaking of running, I have weak arches. When I stand, my feet are totally flat. No bounce. This gets me out of having to run, right?