The freezer! It arrived! The delivery guys only dropped it once! Paul immediately put an entire box of Pop Ice in there, to see how long it would take it to freeze when it wasn't spread out into sheets that slide out of the freezer every time you open the door. We also seem to be storing the energy-usage information in there for some reason. I need to go to the grocery store so I can fill up the rest. Isn't it the loveliest thing you've ever seen? All that shiny white space.
I am anticipating another delivery today: a baby name book I pre-ordered back in October when I found out I was pregnant. It's the new book by Satran and Rosenkrantz, who also wrote Beyond Jennifer & Jason. I really need it, too, because we're stuck on names. Henry is the frontrunner right now, but I happen to know that my parents hate that name, and so even though I know they'll get used to it, I'm reluctant to use it. We've pretty much knocked every other name off the list.
Alienbea tagged me for a meme! Yay! I tag Black Sheep.
1. What is your main cell phone ring-tone? It's a ringing sound. It's boring, but it gets my attention. I had it on music at first, but then I'd just be humming along to it without realizing it was my phone.
2. What is your default avatar? My...what?
3. What station is your car radio permanently tuned to? We have six pre-sets. The one I always try first is an alternative station, the kind with a disrespectful DJ and a limited playlist. Then I have two stations that play more popular music, and sometimes they're good songs and sometimes I'm sick of them. (The other three pre-sets are Paul's, and I don't like any of them.)
4. What is your computer desktop image? One of the twins' one-year portraits. Look at those toesies!
5. Is there something you wear every single day? I wear a uniform, practically: jeans, maternity shirt, hoop earrings.
6. I wish I had a tracking device on: Rob's shoes: every morning it's a hunt. Also, William's stuffed platypus: every evening it's a hunt.
7. What page does your internet browser open with? Google.
8. This item never leaves my car/purse: Maybelline Cola Slushie lipstick. Well, it leaves my purse when I'm putting it on. But then it goes right back in. Lipstick, I've noticed, tricks other people into thinking you're pulled together, even if your hair needs washing and you have baby snot on your shirt.
9. What TV show do you never miss? We're doing TV on DVD right now, because we always miss all of them.
10. What phrase do you hear yourself repeating too often? "Did you HEAR me?"
Gift ideas for an 8-year-old, part 2 of 2 - Last week I talked about the gifts we were getting/considering for Edward, who is turning 8 next month. This week it’s Elizabeth’s turn: not “girl gifts,” ...